Saturday, January 2, 2010

Our Plans for 2010

We had a serious family meeting this afternoon.

We sat at the table (the very same table that I wrote about in my first post), each of us with a notebook and a pen in hand, and talked about our exciting life in 2010.

We talked about the big step of moving all the way to the West Coast and discussed the following:

- The possible cities that we would afford to live in;

- A two-bedroom apartment that we would have to find as soon as possible and while staying in a hotel (that sounds a bit crazy even to my ears);

- A job worthy of my education and our expectations;

- The possibility of Steel working some shit job to maintain us while I’m devoting myself to finding a “good” job;

- The management of our money meanwhile;

- The possibility of me working some shit job if I don’t find any good jobs within 6 months while I continue looking for a “good” job;

And of course


- Our various plan-Bs in each case.

I think we have a plan and it’s definitely on the crazy side. But that’s how we are… our nature is to go where the action is instead of sitting around and waiting for some change to take place. Of course none of this stops me from imagining the worst and worrying, because that, too, is part of my nature.

So there you go, now I have it all written and perhaps at the other end of the year – which is far far away from now – I’ll look back and see how we did it and how it turned out to be.

No comments: